where to get php4 for macosx

linus1977

Registered
hey all

i dont know where to get php4 as update package for macosx.
if anybody knows where i can get it, please post it.

thanks linus

hi,

i thought that php 4.06 is installed with OSXS 10.1. i could be wrong, i am not in front of my server right now. have you ever heard of Stepwise? they have a few articles about PHP and the latest builds of Apache as well. check out the information on that site.

if you want a packaged version of Apache/PHP you are gonna have to pay some compony who has made a nice OSX package for it. its easier to install it yourself.

One word: FINK

PHP is installed by default with OS X 10.1.# but is NOT executed by Apache by default - you will need to edit your APACHE.CONFIG file...unless you use FINK, which will install the most recient version. HOWEVER, to use FINK, you will need a working XWindows server (XFree)...

In other words, if you don't know what you're doing, I wouldn't start messing with it...

ok ok,

thanks for your answers, but i forgot to tell you about the version of macosx i run..
it is the german macosx 10 release 1.2 (on dokumentation)
uname -a says:
Rhapsody "the.server.tld" 5.6 Kernel Release 5.6: Tue Nov 23 15:07:38 PST 1999; root(rcbuilder):Objects/kernel-187.obj~2/RELEASE_PPC Copyright (c) 1988-1995,1997-1999 Apple Computer, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Power Macintosh

and i asked for an update package bacause i thought i could recompile a new package on a remoteshell.
(the servers are not where i am)

if someon knows something i don't know than ill be grateful for any help i can get.
be shure ill listen!
linus

Back