Where was Apple?

diablojota

Doctoral Student
Hi,
Yesterday (Sunday the 21st of March), I was at CeBIT in Hannover. For those of you who may not know, CeBIT is the largest IT trade fair in the world.
Well, I saw several _Books, iMacs, a few G5s and even fewer G4 towers whilst I was there. However, what was really upsetting/dissappointing is that Apple didn't have a stand to demonstrate their wares.
Here is why they should've been there. Sony was demonstrating its online music store, and interoperability with their other products. Apple could've easily one-up-ed them on this. Apple prods looks better, feel better, and in my opinion work better.
Why wasn't Apple there? They should've been. There were lots of people in their late teens early 20s there checking out the show. They could have generated the crowds easily, and perhaps even garnered some more business. They could've had another stand in the server area with IBM and shown what their xServes and Panther server are capable of. Apple, come on, quit dissappointing me.
Just my rant...

Apple had a huge presence recently at CeBit Singapore. I guess they pick and choose which ones too spend $$$ promoting.

Thanks for the answer Randman...
Singapore, huh?
From my understanding CeBIT Hannover is the largest, with the most traffic.
I know my company made some good contacts (read business) from being there. Apple could've as well.

Are there any other CeBit shows in Germany? I know the new Nokia was introduced there and in HK but very few cell-phone organizers were at the Singapore show. I also wonder if it's the local Apple retailers that make the decision for a show such as CeBit and not Infinite Loop.

CeBIT Hannover is the only one in Germany. There is CeBIT NY, and a few others.
CeBIT is also the largest in Germany with many companies from all over the world. Very cool to see the diversity. However, the other CeBIT conferences are much smaller in comparison. For example, ComDex in the US makes CeBIT NYC look like a local country fair.

I've been to ComDex and agree. Plus, good parties after. :D I was surprised by the scale of the Sing Apple show but it was nice and right upfront. Most of the dealers were local though, or local distributors/shops of the big tech companies, which led me to think maybe it's not Apple's decision to go or not to go, but the local dealers instead.

Consider yourselves lucky that you live near enough to these centres to take in the shows.I'd like to have the time to take in a Macworld at the very least.

Back