Where...

jwennet

Registered
does the system store a users iCal and Address book info? I'd like to abel to copy that from my desktop to my laptop machine.

Thanks,

J

'Where ... does the system store a users iCal and Address book info?' - it (the 'System' ... 'MacOS X') does not store any information of either application - anywhwere. Each application - 'Address Book' and 'iCal' stores its own generated files.

'Address Book' creates and maintains the file of 'com.apple.AddressBook.plist'; and also, the folder (of items) '~/Library/Application\ Support/AddressBook'.
There are also the '/Library/Address\ Book\ Plug-Ins' and '~/Library/Address\ Book\ Plug-Ins' folders, whose items add functionality to 'Address Book'; and finally, the '~/Library/Caches/Address\ Book' folder (of items).

'iCal' creates and maintains the files of '~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iCal.plist' and '~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iCal.AlarmScheduler.plist'; and also, the folder (of items) '~/Library/Application\ Support/iCal'.

...so when you have accidently cleared all the contacts in your addressbook by inaccurate attempts to sync a macbook and imac, how do you get them back?

that's my trouble see, too impatient to read the instructions! I tend to work from the assumption that I wouldn't understand them anyway :) I'll have a go at importing my addressbook info.

Thanks for the help

Back