Where's Jag's NEW sound effects? And Inkwell and more???!!!

Is Jag FREAKIN' AWESOME? (Worth $100 bucks?)

• Heck yes! Worth every penny!!!

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Yes, but not $100 awesome.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Jag is a fat pussy cat.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • at least it's Finally up to OS 9 speed

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FIREHAT

Registered
So I installed 10.2 expecting to hear some funky os 9 platinum-style sound effects when I scrolled, opened folders and the like -but the only effect I've heard so far is a faint thump when I toss something in the trash.

I see there are about 4 replaced alert sounds...
Is that all there is?

What about Inkwell, Bluetooth, Rendezvous and Windows Networking?
I cant find Inkwell anywhere and a search turned up nothing.
Do I need a tablet for it to manifest itself?

I installed the additional applications that were on the 2nd 10.2 Install CD but I don't see Inkwell.

Another thing, There was absolutely NO documentation about the second CD so I assumed that you Installed what you wanted and left the rest. Whay does the installer walk us through baby steps on the first CD and then not say a thing about anything on the 2nd CD?

Also Where are the System preferences for Bluetooth and Rendezvous?
How can I tell my Quartz Extreme is EXTREME?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated!!!

~Andrew:confused:

Attachments

• where%3f.jpg
    where%3f.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 55
1) Inkwell will be in the system prefs when it detects a tablet.

2) Windows networking is integrated into the 'connect to server' for connecting. Sharing, in the system preferences has the server setup.
IMPORTANT: Make sure you check in the accounts preferences that allows users can log into a windows server if you setup the Windows server.

3) Rendevous is in the Network system preferences.

4) Bluetooth is in the /Applications/Utilities folder.

5) You can detect if QE is working by playing a DVD and putting a transparent terminal over the DVD window while its playing. If you can see through the terminal window and see the DVD playing it is active. Also if you see a drop shadow unter your mouse pointer it is working.

Hope that helps you there.

:)

5) try this app

you also might find it helpful to search the site for your answers before posting a list of questions. almost all these have been answered in other threads recently. you also might want to try reading the sticky thread about polls at the top of the forum. your poll has nothing to do with your topic or your questions. and there is already a similar poll on the site.

about the cd issue:
CD 1 has system, BSD, etc. CD 2 has application and print drivers. you choose what to install from the first CD, and if you choose the apps and print drivers, the installer figures "oh, you need installer 2" and when it is done prompts you to insert CD 2.

The new sounds are located in /System/Library/Components/CoreAudio.component/Contents/Resources/SystemSounds/

Not much there, but you can see what events have sounds associated with them.

Back