where's wolfenstein?

gerbick

poptart villain
well, as a PC owner, I downloaded and played the multi-player test for the PC. I stumbled across the Mac version on apple.com. That made me happy.

but now, I own the PC version, but I have not seen the OS X version. Am I missing something?

:confused:

I guess the developers are still removing bugs from the program code, trying to make the Mac version better than the Wintel version wuz :D

Greame Devine is working on it. First builds of the OS X server proved to be very stable. It will be released VERY soon. They just finished the Linux binaries and the OS X binaries are next, i'd say within the next week...

Oh you are so clever, aren't ya?

Haven't red the news, have ya?

Oh, and just to prove my sources...

"Nov.27.2001 @ 9:27pm CST
------------------------
Wolfenstein Linux binaries are now up on our FTP server. *BIG* thanks to
Timothee for kicking ass in getting this stuff up.
I've been testing the OSX server at xian-osx.idsoftware.com that Graeme
built, and it seems pretty darn stable, so hopefully that will be released
in the very near future as well.
ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/wolf/linux/wolfmp-linux-1.0.b2.x86.run
Cheers,"

Lol the dedicated server went up ages ago :) Westlake are completeing the work on the osX and now os9 ports for wolfenstein due for release next year...

OK, point me to a working, public released version of an OS X dedicated server! The stuff in the OS X directory on the id-FTP is still for the MP Test 2. If I where you, I would inform myself BEFORE posting to a public forum

I don't pretend that Greame is still working on it, in fact, the whole development has gone to Aspyr/Westlake!

And i ran the dedicated server with the PC pak files! I bought the damn game for the PC because I thought Greame would do what he told in this .plan-update, and you always get a "wrong checksum on .pak-file" error.

There is no dedicated server for OS X running the GM pak files.

Back