which Adaptor do we need?

janette

Registered
My husband has a G4 Mac M2454 monitor and a M5183 Mac tower. We have no idea what adaptor to get in order to make the two compatible. He said something about ADC monitor to DV1 adaptor. I have no idea what he's talking about. I'm very new at this. Pleas let me know which adaptor we need and where to get it. The G4 Mac monitor is 1999, and from what I understand, it's one of the 1st Mac G4's that came out in 1999, and then they made a 2nd G4 Mac later on in the year. So the 2 different 1999 G4Macs need different adaptors/hardware.
Help!!!
Thanks!
J

well, sorry to say, but those model numbers are little help to most of us. we need to know which g4 he has (by the speed of it, ie 400mhz, or dual 500) and which video card it has (ie 16mb ati, or 32mb nvidia geforce 2). then we need to know the size of the monitor(ie 15in, or 20in), and kind (ie crt, or lcd) and let us know if there are any usb ports or audio ports on the monitor. this will let us know which ports your mac has, and which connector the monitor has, and therefore we will let you know what kind of adaptor you need, and where to find one.

Back