Which Brand of RAM?

quiksan

awesomer...
I'm picking my MacBook up tonight. I need to order 2gigs of ram, but wondering what everyone's preference is on the brands...

I know Crucial is the overall favorite, but wondering about peoples' opinions/experiences with
Ultra
OtherWorldComputing

Thanks in advance for everyone's input.

I've made a number of purchases from OWC and haven't had any problems.
My latest purchase was for a 1 Gig Samsung memory module for my PB. Samsung modules tend to be pricier than many others, but Samsung's memory quality is consistently high. Samsung memory is what Apple has generally used. I've never had a problem with Samsung
chips.
You could always try OWC's own label or Techworks memory; I've heard good reports about them.
Since all OWC's memory comes with a lifetime warranty,
you could always return it for a refund or exchange if the chip causes any problems, or doesn't work.

Never heard of anyone having issues with OWC's memory, and they do guarantee that it will work with your system. They usually have the best price on RAM with a guarantee of compatibility.

I'm using Mushkin DDR2 SODIMMS in my PowerBook and haven't had any problems. Chances are any good brand that's Core2 compatible (according to the manufacturer) will work just fine. I'd stick with OWC, Crucial, Mushkin, Corsair, or Samsung to be safe though.

Back