Which E-Mail Program??

Delpezd

Registered
I'm considering alternatives to .Mac for e-mail and I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on using Fastmail, and I am also considering signing up for a macosx.com account. Please let me know what you think or if you have used either program. Thanks

I always thought that it was nice to have a standard POP account first and use a more feature-complete client like Mail.app, than to go solely webmail.

You could always check your POP mail online with free services like www.mail2web.com, but you wont be able to look at saved mail that had already been downloaded and deleted from the server by your client app.

That was my plan. Whichever program I use, I would set it up in Mac's Mail.app. I'm just looking fro an alternative for my mac.com account since I doubt I will sign up for .Mac. I prefer to use pop accounts than leaving it on a server. I'm just trying to find a new account that's fast, reliable and going to be around for a while. Thanks for the reply.

Well, apart from that I don;t think there's any signifigant diference in mail qualities. I guess you should make sure they have the poper amount of space and that they wouldn't be bothered by excessive checking (i.e. you check your mail once a minute. :D).

you can get imap-mail (like squirrelmail) and have it in the mail.app client AND on the server, so you can go online and check it anywhere.

I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on using Fastmail
Yup, I use Fastmail and it's great. They've got webmail if you need it, and you can also use IMAP on their free account. If you need the advanced options, you can get them on a pay account, but the free account pretty much covers what I use it for.

Back