Which free Apple apps do you keep in your Dock?

What free Apple software do you keep in the Dock?

• iCal

Votes: 28 58.3%
  • iChat

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • iMovie

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • iPhoto

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • iTunes

Votes: 45 93.8%
  • Mail

Votes: 38 79.2%
  • Quicktime Player

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • Sherlock

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • System Preferences

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Other (Please specify below)

Votes: 14 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
what is the benefit of this entire board?
what is the benefit of YOUR POST?
what is the benefit of MY POST?
what is the benefit of mankind?

no one knows... just have fun and enjoy it ^_^.

Text Edit! I couldn't live my daily life without it. To me it's like a clipboard on a lot larger scale.

I too have Address Book in my Dock...
I don't have iChat there because I use the Menu Add-On for iChat, so I never need iChat in the dock, and I only open it if I actually start chatting with someone.

Yepp, the address book has it's natural place next to mail.app in my dock (and iTunes and iPhoto). Then i have Appleworks (it was free with my eMac, but i know it doesnt qualify in this post.
Other from that i got Finder (duh), Chimera, CorelPAINT 10, and System preferences.

I think most people underestimate TextEdit as just another SimpleText/TeachText. If you take into account the fact that it uses Rich Text Format, has a spell checker, rulers, tabs, and can contain pictures, you'll find this is actually one hell of a low-end word processor. I also use it to edit my web site, because it has that built in spell checker. TextEdit goes greatly unnappreciated. I think I shall be the founding member of the "TextEdit Fan Club." Join me!

Yeah, textedit rocks! didnt know that one could import images, though.
I keep textedit, and preview in the toolbar for easy access. See picture (i like showing of my neat toolbar) :p

Attachments

• bar.jpg
    bar.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 33
mail, qt, iphoto, addy book, textedit, preview, dvd player, sherlock, ichat, ical, backup, chess, calculator, print centre, diskcopy, terminal, process viewer, system prefs, system profiler...

even tho i don't particularly care for ical or ichat...

i keep everything in there cuz it annoys me when stuff appears and disappears like print centre does when i print... so i just keep it there... i know i know, i'm obsessive about how this thing behaves ;)

dock.jpg

Terminal - essential
Console - sometimes
TextEdit - same reasons as Rhino_G3 and adambyte
Internet Connect - more control than phone menu when I need dialup
Address Book - for when I'm not using Mail but need a phone #
Key Caps - ??
Preview - ??
Property List Editor - for editing xml & .plists :)
Calculator 'cos I can't count
Print Center - while I was setting up a printer, will prob remove

Mail, Chimera, NetNewsWire, Watson, iTunes, Preview. Those are the persistent ones.

I use MaxMenus for launching various other apps.

Back