Which PowerBook G4 do you like?

Which PowerBook G4 do you like?

• PowerBook G4 12"

• PowerBook G4 15"

• PowerBook G4 17"

Results are only viewable after voting.
i posted i would go with the 12" model.
my only pet peeves is limit of 640 mb of ram and bigger cache like others here have posted. while i would love the backlit keyboard i truly dont need it, but i want a g4 very badly in place of my iBook.

if money where no object then i would go for the 17".

I will be looking to buy the 12" model around September/October. Does anyone think that Apple will upgrade the specs of that model by then? Specifically being able to add more RAM?

Considering that a 17inch display is still 1000 bucks, i have dropped that dream and started saving for a laptop. I wish they'd update the 15incher to aluminium, a buddy of mine has a tibook that he's put through it's paces and it looks horrible. also i wish they could find a way to illuminate the keyboards of each laptop in the apple lineup,not just a "pro" ;p feature.

I would like it if they would fix the 15" to look and feel like the 12" and 17". I say maybe make it a cross between the two.

With L3 Cache. 1GHz as it is now. Aluminum Alloy casing. Maybe that cool light up keyboard. The resolution it has now is fine. FireWire 1 and 2. And Airport Extreme.

That would be nice.

Of course when those come out I will but the current TiBook model cheap. So.. it wouldn't matter to me. But that's how it should be.

The 12inch PB is my favourite as it's like a portable CPU. When travelling it small/light and in the office you can pluh it into a larger moniter. Best of both worlds.

It's been 2 and a half since I bought my first PowerBook G4, and now I'm finally getting the last generation of the TiBooks.

I'm surprised that you left out the Gigahertz PowerBook.

Anyway, 1GHz TiBook G4 is what I plan to get.

Cheers! I'm gonna be broke, but I'm gonna be happy! ^_^

Long live Macs!

It's been 8 1/2 months since this thread was active... thanks for breathing new life into it! :)

I'd go with the 15" AlBook, since it's the perfect combination of form, functionality and price.

This picture is for Onan, if he's still active:

Attachments

• holybook.jpg
    holybook.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 4
Originally posted by arden
It's been 8 1/2 months since this thread was active... thanks for breathing new life into it! :)

I'd go with the 15" AlBook, since it's the perfect combination of form, functionality and price.

I totally agree with you, Arden. I went over to J&R yesterday during lunch to look at it. I like the widescreen format and everything else. Only thing is that it just isn't small enough for me to lug around everywhere like I could the 12". I wish Apple would not treat the 12" like a lesser citizen and give it the specs of the 15" and 17", like faster hard drive, more RAM capacity, backlit keyboard, etc. Or is the chassis simply too small to accomodate this stuff?

Originally posted by hazmat
Or is the chassis simply too small to accomodate this stuff?

After ripping my 15 inch powerbook apart to fix a broken hinge my guess is that the 12 inch form factor is just too small to fit everything in. In addition I would not be surprised if for things like CPU and HD the problem is heat dissipation.

-Eric

Originally posted by lurk
After ripping my 15 inch powerbook apart to fix a broken hinge my guess is that the 12 inch form factor is just too small to fit everything in. In addition I would not be surprised if for things like CPU and HD the problem is heat dissipation.

I can accept that then if that's the case. But, I wish Apple would say this rather than making everyone wonder why they treat the 12" as 2nd rate, you know?

Back