Which should I Buy?

Which would you choose?

• iPod - 1,000 Songs for my pocket (998 more than I legally own.)

• Tivo - TV My Way - Never miss Hogan's Heroes or The X-Files reruns again.

• One word: iWalk.

Results are only viewable after voting.
You know, if you like PDA features, buy an electronic handheld. You can also play games on it, only, of course, it doesn't have enough memory for songs. But it looks like you don't need songs on your mystery product. So buy one. It'll be worth the money. I promise. :D

Originally posted by BlingBling 3k12

4) MP3 cd players are very good... my friend has 2 (don't ask why... i don't even know) and he uses them whenever he wants to take his songs with him... he gets around 110 songs on one cd...

I can get about 163 average sized MP3s onto a CD if I burn with iTunes.

For $399 I'd get a 25 watt FM transmitter, a stereo encoder and a large antenna :D

Originally posted by ksv
For $399 I'd get a 25 watt FM transmitter, a stereo encoder and a large antenna :D

Hehe, that'd be neat. But then I wouldn't have enough money for lawyer fees when the FCC came knocking on my door :p

Originally posted by dricci

Hehe, that'd be neat. But then I wouldn't have enough money for lawyer fees when the FCC came knocking on my door :p

Oh, then just use the 25 W as a forwarder, and send the broadcast signals from a less powerful transmitter at your home to it. The 25 W could be hidden in a tower, office building, anything ;)

I've decided to put this decission off for a while.

I have a question to those of you with Tivos though. I have a satellite system now so I get info and auto-tune and reminders on shows. But I've noticed a lot of networks recently have began starting and stoping their shows several minutes out of their designated block. For example, one show may be listed officially as 10:00 to 10:30 but may start at 10:04 and end at 10:36.

Since these start and stop times are not officially listed, I was wondering if this has an effect on what the Tivo records? Because I don't think I'd want it if it cuts off minutes at the start and finish of a show.

The Tivo is not smart. If a show gets pushed because of a sporting event or something, it won't get the whole show. It's pretty disappointing actually. It's pretty good otherwise.

BTW I think Ultimate TV is done. I believe it was unprofitable so MS killed it.

Originally posted by dricci
Since these start and stop times are not officially listed, I was wondering if this has an effect on what the Tivo records?

you can tell it to keep recording after the listed time.... if it ends at 10:36, you can tell it to record 6 minutes after the program "ends"

and if you get a PDA... you can definitely use it as an MP3 player... at Circuit City yesterday I saw a 2 GB memory card (yes 2 GIGABYTES) that can go in certain PDA's.... i know that the Compaq iPaq & HP Jordana have Windows PocketPC 2002 (which i would pick over PalmOS in a second) which includes Media Player to play MP3's, WAV's, WMA's, certain video files. (see link here: http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/pocketpc/software/features/mediaplayer.asp)

just something else to look into if you want the power of a PDA but the greatness of an MP3 player (with video capabilities! just think if you're in the middle of a meeting and watching your favorite episode of a show that you captured onto your mac)

If I got a PDA, It'd have to be a Newton. Possibly a 3rd party Palm. I refuse to use a PocketPC. It still runs Windows! Even I have standards :D

Oh no, what has happened to BB?!
Can you repeat what you just said?
Did I recognize you correctly? :confused:

He has an X-Box and likes PocketPCs. He doesn't have a Mac. My friends, I think we have an unauthorized intruder in our little community :p

Dude! Get the TiVo so that you can bend TV around your computer time... instead of the other way around.

(I know you have a TV and you watch it a LOT, otherwise you would not even be considering a TiVo...)

Back