Whiners on the Board

Soapvox

Want some of my Kool-aid?
Hey guys I have noticed recently there has been a lot of personal attacks and whining going on. This board is about opinions and just because someone does not share yours does not make them "stupid", "morons" or any such. There are many discussions that I partake in that I disagree with people and they disagree with me and we respect eachother for our opinions without shelling out the insults. I refuse to respond in posts where this takes place because I feel that just fuels the fire, but here is a thread where I am posting MY opinion. I am not faulting anyone but I hope we can keep a respect for eachother and the insults for the playground (and windows sites :)) I enjoy lively debate and these boards, lets not turn into some of those boards that fall away because of disrespect.

Ok I will get down of my soapbox now.

I've noticed this also (though not personally as of late). It is sad that people use the fact that they are anonymous as an excuse for being rude. And lets face it, insults don't win arguments. If someone doesn't like what someone else has said and they don't have any constructive counter thoughts on a subject then they should just move on.

If there is one thing that really gets me mad, it is seeing people I like get insulted. A good example would be what happened to Jadey and Sithious in that incident in the Windows section (talking about uncalled for!). I was very glad to see the Admin step in on that one.

I am in agreement :)
I totally disagree with soapvox's position on being a pacifist (I wonder if I punched him in the nose would he fight back??? :p )...anyway, we sont see eye to eye but he is a good guy. LIke others on this board we dont always see eye to eye but there is no need for anyone to call anyone else a moron or an idiot just because they dont agree, if they do, that just bring their level down a notch or two.

I think I need to pay more attention :eek: I did not see what hapepend between the sithious and jadey.

Admiral

...not between them, to them! Don't you remember the things that ManicDVLN said about them? He called Jadey a, a... I can't even repeat what he said! That was what I was talking about.

And what is up with these colors! I'm off the boards for a little time and this place gets a complete make over.

aah ok the "to" them I remember, I was under the impression there was a fall out between jadie and teh jedi master :p

Admiral

You would :eek: ???
lol ok now when ever I have the urge to play pope I know how to call...will you also kiss the holly ring that I will wear ?(borrowed from the actual pope of course) :p

No if you were pope and expected me to kiss your ring I would spit on your hand, I will only kiss it if you are trying to punch me because then you would be so confused you would walk away and it would end the violence.

soapvox, you're the man! :D
no need to worry admiral, no falling out between me and jadey at all ... it was manic a/k/a the village idiot a/k/a 'i'm never coming back' that assaulted jadey, which got me annoyed, so i attacked him... and then he got rather amusing when he tried to insult me ... :D

Back