White dialog boxes for some finder processes

verlorenengel

Geek Stink Breath
Everyone has seen the white dialog boxes used for file copy dialogs now right?

My question is... why? It almost feels like I'm running a carbon system 7 "copy" dialog...

No screenshots, please. Apple's quite eager to get rid of those wherever they appear. What he means is simply a Finder copy-process window. Got Tiger? Copy something and look at it. Ain't got Tiger? Become an ADC Select or Premier member or wait until it's released. Sowwy. :/

We're in the Tiger forum here. ;) ... And about those boxes: I actually don't find them too bad at all. They're smaller than in Panther, and I like that. Whether they'll make'em grey... I don't care too much about that right now.

I find the white dialogs a huge throwback to the older systems personally..

I was kind of repulsed when I first copied a file because it appeared as if I'd spawned some "Classic" version of Finder (OS7/8) to copy a file...

There's no way to "hide details" of a copy progress either.. whereas with 10-10.3 you could reduce it down to a small progressbar which did not have additional details.

I've gotten used to it now, but I just dont understand what was wrong with the dialog box in the first place to go and have to replace it and reduce functionality?

I like the new copy box. The white threw me off at first as well, but it isn't a big deal. I like it because it is about the same size as the 10.3 box when it shows less details, yet it is able to show most of the necessary information. I think the copy box was kind of due for an update, considering it probably hasn't changed since OS7, or OS8

Back