who can fix THIS then?

alexachucarro

I'm 1/4 Basque you know?...
Right, I originally posted the ohhh Bollocks thread.

The batchmod thing doesn't work, as I don't know where the Trash folder is held within the Finder. I have things that are stuck in the Trash that I can't remove.

I tried testuser's thing for creating a bin script. But it went completely over my head and I couldn't understand it.

Can anyone help. if you can imagine that I don't even know what an apricot is, explain in remedial terms. Please help. Ta

Have u tried to use ur root account to delete ur trashed stuff?
I can't check out at the moment whether other users trash can be deleted by root, but u could give it a try!

Otherwise, move the items out of the trash into a newly created folder, for example "items i want to delete" :)
Then switch to the root account, take that folder, move it to the trash and delete it there!
I think this should work damn sure. :)

Open BATchmod.
Open the trash.
Drag locked files from trash to the BATchmod window.
Change properties and mark your files "owned by" yourself.
Repeat for all your files.
Empty trash.

Originally posted by lonny
Open BATchmod.
Open the trash.
Drag locked files from trash to the BATchmod window.
Change properties and mark your files "owned by" yourself.
Repeat for all your files.
Empty trash.

That doesn't work, just tried it. But thanks for the tip. Very poor GUI with Batchmod, there was no obvious drag drop area.

I'll carry on searching.

open a terminal window. type "su"
you´ll be prompted for the root password. If you didn´t set one so far try this explanation:
http://www.macosx.org/rootpass.html
once you´re logged in as root type "cd /Trash" then "rm -R *" Be careful using the rm-Command when being root. you can delete anything without being even asked if you´re sure! After that you can log out via "exit" - that´s it.
Just like in any other unix-OS root can do everything.

Well just a little correction:
cd /Users/username/.Trash
is the right command to change to the trash-directory. Make sure you enter the right username! To check rather do "cd /Users" then "ls -l" and check the exact spelling.

Back