who hijacked macslash??

For the love of god, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I see it fine, this is posted on their website:

It appears that the MacSlash domain no longer belongs to me. At this point, I'm not sure what is happening, but several people have sent me emails saying they can no longer reach MacSlash and I assume that something is propogating through the DNS system. There's obviously some mistake (I've owned and paid for MacSlash for quite awhile now), and It'll hopefully be easy (and fast) to sort everything out and get everything back to normal. In the meantime, you can reach me at macslash@earthlink.net. [update] If we go down, we'll be back on www.macslash.net in a few days until the rest is sorted out. If you'd like to recieve email updates, send me an email with "MacSlash status"

[UPDATE] (macgeek): Please post in the thread below if you can get to the site.

I don't think their domain was set to expire yet, sounds more like dotster decided it'd be ok to rewrite the database with their own entry and resell it.

I smell lawsuit....

From MacSlash.com

To our users:

You have probably noticed by now that the URL www.macslash.com now points to a generic Dotster page. We are attempting to get in touch with Dotster, but they have been unable or unwilling to reply. We are not certain at this time whether the situation is malicious or not (i.e., squatting), but without word from Dotster, we have nothing else to go on. If the domain has not been stolen, then it has been registered in bad faith. We're an established business and media presence, and anyone who registered it, no matter how innocently, is a squatter.

In the interim, we have registered www.macslash.net, and are hoping that will be up by tomorrow or Friday. We would like to thank Charlie Ruggiero and John Painter, who are helping to set up alternative domains (macslash.org and macslash.info, respectively).

For more information and updates, please email us at macslash@earthlink.net or call Ben Stanfield, Executive Editor, 270-881-0680. Thanks to everyone who has contacted us already.

We are hoping to have this issue resolved ASAP. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
The MacSlash crew  

same here, .com goes to astinking commercial, .net is not avaiable.
Let's all give some feedback on de commercial page like:

I hope you realize that de domain http://www.macslash.com, formaly a respected news site, now hijacked and pointing to your site is going to give you're company a very bad press, and name, in the mac community. Please assist in restoring macslash.com to its former status.

If someone is able to get to the .net or .com version of macslash, can you post its IP address until the DNS servers get updated?

You can do "ping www.macslash.net" from the command line.

-Rob

When was the domain registered? Maybe it's still propagating. I can still see macslash.net fine. The top headline says, "macslash.com is now macslash.org". So try macslash.org (which also works here)

Back