Who will steer our ship after Steve?

mi5moav

Registered
With wishful thinking Steve will be around at Apple for another 50 or 60 years... I'm sure the last thing on his mind is retirement, family, kids, vacations and all that great stuff. Heck, he's only been a part of apple for about 30 years or some come 2007. So, when the day comes around in about 3 years who would you like to take helm of this pirate ship?

If I were to choose a couple people I would probably go with
Linda Sanford over at IBM or Jon Rubenstein over at Apple. Though to some it may seem like a demotion going from head of all hardware at Apple to the Ipod division. To me this is a test for Jon. If he can grow that single unit over the next 2 years he will become the next CEO if he can't then Steve will probably do something drastic.

I would pick Jon Rubenstein, but we all know that Bill Gate's child is the runner up..........

flame suit on....lol j/k

as long as Steve Ballmer doesn't come within 500 miles of Apple we should be good for another 20 years

The iSteve Corp 'bot of course...

Steve let Apple get rid of him once. Do you really think he'll let anyone or anything, even DEATH, ever do that again?

He already sold himself to the the devil on earth (Bill Gates), so I have no doubt that he'll consider negotiating with the man downstairs if that will get him his way...

::angel::

I will become the next CEO of Apple after his royal Steveness exits stage left.
My international business experience and my knowledge of the software and hardware business will give me the leg up.

Plus with a PhD in Strategic Management, how could they not want me? :D

It doesn't have to be an insider. They could ask another CEO to come over, perhaps after an acquisiton, just like Steve.

Cat said:
It doesn't have to be an insider. They could ask another CEO to come over, perhaps after an acquisiton, just like Steve.

Isn't that how they got John Scully (minus the acquisition part)?

I also don't believe for a moment that Apple "acquired" Steve. I believe he found a way to "re-Acquire" Apple instead....

what's the glitch in steve's avatar? ... it looks like a blue bug in his brain...

Anyway break a leg come Monday.

Now that I look a bit closer it looks like a reflection of an emac or an old performa 5200. It's an easter egg... or possibly and etching on a microchip.

Back