Whoa! PowerBook G5's on Apple.com!?!?!

IceDogg25

MacAddict
http://www.apple.com/education/hed/academia/creative/architecture.html
(first paragraph on the left under "Design to Go...Anywhere"

Design to Go... Anywhere
In a program focused on preparing students with the real world experience they’ll need in the workplace, theUniversity of Cincinnati’s College of Design, Art, Architecture, and Planning is arming each of its students with individual PowerBook G5 computers, letting them take their design tools from school to home to work and back again.

PowerBook G5's!?!?! :confused: Does anybody have any information about this? I've also attached a screenshot.

Jake

Attachments

• G5.jpg
    G5.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 123
It's a mis-print. Clcik on the link in that paragraph;

Cincinnati, OH — Graduates of the University of Cincinnati (UC) rank with Harvard and Cornell as the country’s most sought-after post-college employment candidates. This is due in large part to the university’s 100-year-old co-op program, in which students at several of UC’s schools spend a total of six quarters working in businesses related to their majors. Now, students within the College of Design, Art, Architecture, and Planning (DAAP) are receiving an even greater advantage — individual PowerBook G4 computers that enable the students to take their education with them on the road.

"G5" and "power..." seem to be sticked together for many ppl. I saw a lot of misprints. Pretty rough typo in these days, since everyone is waiting for it.. ;)

UC converted the entire DAAP department to Mac (PBs) only right after I left (go figure, 1999 or 2000 -ish) and recently laxed a bit to allow some students to use Dells for two of the more minor majors.

A little farther down you can find a statement about the PB g4 being good for those on the go, so it's most likely a typo. Oh well, keep your finger crossed...

Boy, that would be some warm powerbook. Wouldn't want to put one of those in your lap unless you're wearing heavy leather pants...

Nah, Scruffy, it'd be kept cool, thanks to the 3-kilogram liquid cooling system strapped onto the CPU.

Back