Whoa

but either it's a coincidence, or Mr. Orlowski read my first consipracy theory posted right here . He echos what I said in my post almost point for point.

Really, sometimes I feel I do some of my best writing in this forum. I really should save more of it for Mac OS Xcentric and OS X Factor...

It is very similar. BUt as you say in your post. Its just connecting the dots. I'm not sure if what seems logical will happen though. I wonder if Apple would be working with AOL on this or if they would do it by themselves. As of now Hyatt works for Netscape, but what if he has been lured to Apple. Maybe Apple is getting close with AOL on more then iChat?

I read Hyatt's blog a lot he is rather critical of his own company.

Very interesting article, I wouldn't necessarily like to see Apple come out with their own browser. However, I would like Apple to include other browsers with OS X (ie: Chimera).

One thing I found rather funny, is the amount of grammatical and spelling errors in that article. I'm no genius, but when I read something that has errors that could easily be fixed by Word's spell-checker, I tend to lose faith in that author's credibility.

David Hyatt is totally lying.

Think about it. The Apple / IE technology contract expires in August. Just for the release of 10.2. A couple months prior, David Hyatt goes on Sabbatical, just after Apple uses Chimera in their Xserve demo. Sure, it's a sabbatical... to Cupertino. Has a nice vacation there.

Next thing you know IE is not included in 10.2. iWeb is in there. You think they'll make iChat, but not iWeb?? And funny, iWeb looks a looot like Chimera.

So 10.2 will have a complete Chimera called iWeb and IE 5.5 optional. But flash playback will be slow as ****, STILL.... oh well

I hope all my predictions here which I got from reading about all this come true, except the slow flash playback horrible demon crap.

According to his BLOG, he's got a bunch of vacation time that he has to take. Seems reasonable to me. I had hoped Apple would scoop him up and develop Chimera into "iBrowse" or something, but once again, Apple is cowtowing to MS, probably due to the fear of losing IE altogether, and definitely due to the fear of losing Office.

Back