Why Apple!? Why the 5200!?

Well, the new G5 systems will has either the GeforceFX 5200 or the ATI Radeon 9600.
I was hoping the G5 systems will have better support for gaming but I was deeply disapointed.

First off, why the 5200?! The 5200 is absolute crap. In some benchmarks, it barely exceeds the Geforce4 MX! I'd seriously doubt the video card can handle upcoming games such as HL2 or D3...or maybe even past games such as WC3! They would have stuck with the Geforce4Ti or something. Glad they're off the Geforce2 now.

The 9600 is good no doubt but not the 64mb version.

What do you guys think?
Hopefully, Panther will somehow be better support for gaming since Jaguar and other OS X version fall below OS 9.

Gaming on Panther will be about the same as previos OSX. It all comes down to how much effort developers want to put into porting games.

I bet, with its new 800+ Mhz bus and 333+ Mhz DDR RAM, the new G5's architecture is much more suited to raw pixel crunching than anything before it, so it doesn't need as good of a graphics card.

But if it really makes a difference, get a better card when you order your new computer!

What do those benchmarks show when you compare a G5 with a 5200 to a G4 with a GF4Ti or a P4 with same, as opposed to all running a 5200? That will show you how good the G5 does compared to other arkitekies.

Could this be asign Lycander is coming up with a new game???

Sim Lycander or Lycander Arena or even Lycander Pro Wrestling!!!

These are very exciting times.

Back