Why can't I print from Mail or Safari..?

SimonCharlie

Registered
Hi all,

Just joined, and need some help.

I am running 10.5.2 on a PPC G5, but since I upgraded to 10.5 I can no longer print to our Xerox Docucolor 12 with Fiery rip, from either Apple Mail or Safari.

All I get in print monitor is one of 2 messages:-

/usr/libexec/cups/filter/pstops failed

OR
empty print file!

I have tried re-installing the most up to date xerox driver and repaired permissions, but no luck. If I print from Acrobat/Illustrator or any other application, everything is ok. Just Mail & Safari are causing problems.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thx

SC

Have you tried removing and then re-adding the printers from System Preferences > Print & Fax?

Have you checked with Xerox to make sure your PPD files are up-to-date and are they compatible with 10.5 ????

I have the same problem on a MacMini with OS10.4. I get a pictwpstops error and a xeroxwcpfilter error. Strange thing is I have several other Macs with the same congifuration and they can print to the xerox (model 430ST) fine.

I've been trying various hardware solutions, new cables, etc. to no avail. New drivers, re-installed, still nothing, the print file simply disappears.

If you have Audio Hijacker installed, go to the RogueAmoeba.com site and install their update 2.8.1 and this problem disappears!
KenAR

Any solution to this? I am having the same exact problem.
Repaired permissions, replaced the printer drivers, reinstalled the printers, updated the firmware on the computer, etc. etc... to no avail.
Running a Xerox 8550DP over the network. OS 10.5.8

Thanks,
Jon

Back