why did you close that thread?

habilis

Ministry of Re-Education
It makes it look like you couldn't defend those charges. And in a way, we can't.

This is comming from a persn who converted 5 people to Macdom in the pre-osx era.

I just bought my 3rd Mac 2 months ago; a G4 dual 1GHz with 10.2 pre installed and most of you already know how poorly I feel about OSX, but most of what he said is the truth. Apple needs to get those facts smashed into their stupid faces on a daily basis.

Apple just tried to be like Microsoft with OSX. They made it "Windows-Friendly". In other words, they took out everything that was good about Macs, and inserted everything that was bad about windows. Then they slowed the whole system down by about 25%.

Welcome to osx.

Apple really needs to be reading these posts and get it's head out of the sand, get out of the beachside California aromatherapy massage parlors, and get their lilywhite asses back to work in the labs of reality.

P.S. Does anybody – ANYBODY still use that cheesy walt disney dock magnification after the first day?

the threads were closed and the account banned because it was an obvious flamebaiting troll whose only post were to 'contribute' those derisive comments. derisive not just against apple, but against people who use macs. complain about apple all you want. compalin about mac users and find yourself gone. like it or not, this is a mac site - set up for the purpose of being able to talk about our macs. not for defending ourselves or our platform to pc users. taunting is a foul in football. around here it gets you ejected from the game. :D

Originally posted by habilis
P.S. Does anybody – ANYBODY still use that cheesy walt disney dock magnification after the first day?

I've had my iBook with OS X for nearly a week, and I still use the magnification feature, tuned down so that it is very subtle though.

PS, I agree with Ed, that post was purely meant to start a flame, I'll bet you that 'macater' would never have shown his face again, not even to reply to other posts in his thread.

Originally posted by habilis

The magnification is not on by default (at least not in 10.2)...

And yeah - I use it, I have many icons in my dock thus making the dock pretty small. I have some live icons on the dock that give me numerical feedback, and having the dock magnify is a great as I can just move my mouse over the live icon and see what the number is without having to bring the program itself to the front. :p

And I've been using it since 10.1.

while were on the dock, I've been using ClearDock http://www.unsanity.com/haxies/cleardock/ to make my dock totally transparent except for the icons and it rocks. (see attached)

Another paradox that recently happened; I got so pissed of at X that I tried going back to 9.2 for the past 3 days and the thing that I found I couldn't live without was the Quartz Extreme font smoothing. For that reason alone I can't go back to 9 like I thought I could. What a loser.

does anybody know a a dock tool that will make the icons themselves like 75% transparent? that would be perfect. I would be friends with the dock again since I'm not a Hide Dock type of guy.

Attachments

• cleardock.jpg
    cleardock.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 17
You can set the hidden apps to be transparent in the Dock with TinkerTool irc... But for the shown apps, dunno...

Might want to ask in Mac OS X System & Software...

Back