Why do ibook g3's still sell for over $350?

After all the problems I had with my G3 iBook (six logic board failures!!!), I would never ever buy one second hand.

What I found interesting to read, not too long ago, is that some iPods (was it the mini iPod?) sold for a higher price on eBay than what they cost when they were still available!!! Crazy!!!

patrice
patriceschneider.com/apple-osx/blog/

People can form some strange emotional attachments to objects. I have the last of the G4 Powermac series, which is a good computer for me. I was contemplating how I could justify buying a mactel, whenever they become avaialble. Tha was until someone told me that if I ever decided to sell that I should call him. Sigh.

It's going to real entertaining to see what happens to the value of the "used" g4 and G5 Powermacs.

But it's not just computers. Mid Century modern as it's called is all the rage now. I grew up during that period and I thought and still think most of that style is "art yucko".

I have an iBook G3 with Airport 2.0 card installed. Also have a Link SYS router in home that tenant connects to and others can successfully connect to on their laptops. BUT…I cannot connect! Can’t even get onto the Internet through my old method of dialup AOL anymore!!!
I’m absolutely no wizard at this stuff and need someone with patience to help me reconfigure, etc. The system gets stuck in a loop asking for a password of which I have no idea what it is….bad grammar but surely someone can take a minute to chat with me? Thanks

Cherrio

Cherrio said:
I have an iBook G3 with Airport 2.0 card installed. Also have a Link SYS router in home that tenant connects to and others can successfully connect to on their laptops. BUT…I cannot connect! Can’t even get onto the Internet through my old method of dialup AOL anymore!!!
I’m absolutely no wizard at this stuff and need someone with patience to help me reconfigure, etc. The system gets stuck in a loop asking for a password of which I have no idea what it is….bad grammar but surely someone can take a minute to chat with me? Thanks

Cherrio

Um, you might want to move this into one of the other sections as a new thread, since this is rather off topic. Do that and you'll get more responses to your question. :)

Back