Why does Internet Explorer suck in OSX?

aluminum

Registered
Is it just me, or does IE 5 for OSX perform much worse that IE5 from within Classic?

This bugs me. A classic app shouldn't run faster in classic mode than its native OSX cousin, should it?

Well, maybe it's time to permanently switch to opera or finally try out omni web!

I read in a review by macosx.org that iCab was really unstable...maybe I should try it anyway...

Opera is fast too.

Opera is definitely the fastest I've used, but I really like Omniweb, just for the user experience. It just makes pages so readable....

Yep, I use OmniWeb all the time. Only thing is, it's unstable. It has a way of crashing often on me(got new standards for 'often' after OS X - now often is more than 3 times in a month)

Well, I've been using Opera in OS9 and have liked it a lot. It's fast. It's missing some of the nice things in IE that I've grown to love (pop up windows behind the main window, that tabs on the left, etc...) but the Google bar almost makes up for that!

I downloaded iCab twice but it was corrupted each time.

I tried Omniweb for a while. I do like it. It's incredibly fast. Unfortunately, it has that stupid slider-panel for bookmarks. I really dislike that interface widget in OSX.

That said, IE5 for OSX just isn't working for me, so it looks like Opera is the winner for now...

Back