Why does this page display wrong?

Mat

iSmell
Hey

I'm after a little help. I have created a webpage to showcase my CD collection. I normally use Safari, so did all my testing in Safari. I sent one of my mates the URL and he said it displayed strangely. Seeing that he used a PC I thought I'd check it out in Explorer (most likely what he was using). I've also checked it out in Firefox, and both display incorrectly. Safari and Opera both display OK.

There is a graphic down the left hand side which has navigation on it. It should branch off from the top image, but when viewed in Explorer and Firefox it appears about half way down the page.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I can see that Explorer and Firefox must process the code differently, but what exactly, and what do I need to change to fix it?

If anyone knows I'd be very grateful if you could fill me in. Thanks in advance.

Mat

without seeing the code it would be really hard to troubleshoot, but I would first look for something stupid like forgetting a closing tag or a misplaced " mark or something like that. A syntax coloring html editor might be very helpful for this.

Jeffo said:
without seeing the code it would be really hard to troubleshoot, but I would first look for something stupid like forgetting a closing tag or a misplaced " mark or something like that. A syntax coloring html editor might be very helpful for this.
or validating it http://validator.w3.org/

Look for this code...

Code:
<!-- ImageReady Slices (cdpagebig.psd) -->
<table id="Table_01" width="901" height="750" border="0" cellpadding="0"
cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="160" rowspan="2">

Replace it with...

Code:
<!-- ImageReady Slices (cdpagebig.psd) -->
<table id="Table_01" width="901" height="750" border="0" cellpadding="0"
cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="160" rowspan="2" valign="top">

The difference is only the vertical alignment value... "top". Once you do that, it should work in FireFox, at least. Didn't test it with any other browser.

Back