Why I love Mac OS X

j79

chuok
Today my GF received her new Epson 2200. We sat around, unpacking the massive box it came in, taking in all it's glory.

Well, she got everything situated and hooked the USB cable to her PC. Installed the drivers and some additional drivers, and attempted to print.

Nothing.

She played around with it some more.

Nothing.

She said, "I hope the thing isn't broken."
I said, "Yeah! That would suck. The box is extremely heavy!! ... Wait, let me try printing from my PowerBook."

So I go, grab my 12", and hook up the 2200 via USB. Go to System Preferences, choose "Add" and OS X finds the 2200 and adds it (Didn't even touch the CD from Epson...)

Choose to print an image from Preview, and sure enough, the 2200 prints.

Couldn't have been easier.

I've been gloating the whole time. She's still trying to get it hooked up.. :)

Gotta Love OS X!

(She's a Mac user, however, so she joins in when I mock her PC... although we merely mock the OS.. the actual PC is a nice rig she put together..)

-----------------------------------

Five hours later, she's FINALLY gotten the PEECEE to recognize the Printer. She had to re-format her primary HD and re-install Windows!!

Yeah, had a lot of such experiences as well. Slowly but surely the ppl I am working with are switching due to this real meaning of "plug and play". Once I was the only one in my workgroup using a mac and now we are 5 already..

Nice little story. Same thing happened for my Digital Camera. My Windows love'n pirate friend had to of course go through all the installing this and that software from the CD where I just plugged it in and turned it on. He even asked how I got it to work so fast I just said I plugged it in and turned it on. He was like ".......oh..hmm."

Sadly that wasn't the story with a Lexmark printer. I plugged it in but the computer said it wasn't hooked up at all. I'm still trying to get it to work.

Probably a bad printer dude. Lexmark doesn't make quality stuff. The Lexmark I have actually set up quite nicely.

Back