Why is my Dock size locked?

Matsaki

Registered
Did something, don't know what. But now my Dock is very wide. I can't change the size or anything in the prefs panel. But the zoom effect is working and I can still rearrange icons etc. Whats going on?

Best way to resize the dock is just click and hold on the divider between the apps and folders/trash area and drag toward the bottom of the dock to make it smaller.

If that doesn't work then my guess is some sketchy 3rd party code messed it up somehow. If so you need to restart the dock by opening the terminal and typing "killall Dock" then press return.

Last edited:
I don't help. I just get the preference etc. when I click there. killall Dock don't change anything either.

:) yes have tried that. And now the Dock is bigger, and Size in the prefs. is grey'd out?? A noticed that I have a file in the prefs called com.apple.dock.plist.lockfile ? And I can't trash it because it comes back.

Also when I click the Dock now it shrinks, but I can't change the size and it th text "open prefs" don't show any more.

Last edited:
Anyway, now I trashed all the Dock plist files and it's working again :) Must have been a corrupted plist file.

Thanks for the help!

Back