why is python hogging my cpu?

quiksan

awesomer...
so I've noticed lately that my cpu usage is up a little higher than it [should be] usually is when idle.
I checked to see what was periodically hogging the cpu, and the 2 things that come up most are:
Python
WindowServer

so what would be running python? i've never done anything with python, so it's nothing I explicitly ran. could it be my Konfabulator widgets? (I've got MicroActivity and Slickies running, nothing else)
Just wondering if anyone had any ideas where that Python/cpu hog was coming from...

also, what's WindowServer? Is that because I have Personal File Sharing turned on?

thanks for any info

WindowServer is the actual window manager that handles windows on screen. Don't kill it, in other words. Heh.

And if you're wondering what started python, use this command: "ps -axw" See if you can find any python related commands running.

thanks for the reply.

just curious about the WindowServer...kinda thought that's what it was. definitely not stupid enough (?) to quit it though. :)

ran the ps -axw and didn't see anything related to python. I'm thinking it came from one of the konfabulator widgets. need to quit konfabulator and see if it shows up again...

thanks!

If you ever have something that refuses to quit, you can go into activity monitor and quit window server, it will log you out immediately.

Back