Why is the 10.2.8 Update Temporarily Unavailable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by BIGDOGquake3
Thanks, but do you know when they will release it so I can update!

Originally posted by crash
any idea when we'll see this patched up and re-released?

Why is it so urgent that you guys update? Is there something wrong with your systems that needs fixing? Or do you just have an over whelming need for the latest version number?

i believe that apple will rerelease it soon. but then i thought they would already have it back out by now when they yanked it. the point is that none of us are psychics and won't know any more than you guys do as to when it will be back out.

David - there really were some things in it that people will apppreciate. it seems to have improved my external drive compatibility/recognition and made booting smoother. but from reading the list of features, i would say that anybody who isn't using bluetooth and who doesn't have external drives isn't really missing much. for me the drive fix was the only thing of significance. for me, i'm glad i jumped on it when it was released. i'm also glad i wasn't among those who experienced major problems because of it.

Originally posted by edX
there really were some things in it that people will apppreciate.

:eek: See, I never got to read the feature set with it (as it was pulled also).

Besides, I'm not one to update with every... um, update. I went from Sept 19, 2002 to Sept 19 2003 with 10.2.1 because I couldn't afford the down time if I had ended up with an update acting like 10.2.8 did for some people. 10.2.6 seems like another good freezing point for my systems for awhile. :D

:rolleyes:

It is sort of a pain how useful Mac OS X has become. ;)

well, it's not super important. i use bluetooth (for my sony ericsson t68i, and salling clicker) so i'd like to see if the proximity sensor function is improved; a full 45 seconds after i enter the proximity range before it does anything.

also, i have an uptime of 45 days, i just plain don't like to restart this thing.

having said that, for some reason, my numeric keypad has stopped working. the rest of the keyboard is fine, however. in fact, the plus (+), minus (-), and other operator keys work, but not the numbers themselves. it's not too big of a deal, and i'm sure a restart will fix it.

so... uh, i guess if i knew when 10.2.8 came out, i could decide whether i'll restart now, or just wait until i apply the update.

crappy reasons, i know. but whatever.

crash:

I have had this problem, check that sticky keys isn't turned on, Universal Assess pref plane.

Should fix it :)

Adam

hey, you're right... kinda. it wasn't sticky keys. it was mouse keys. i didn't even know that was turned on, and i totally don't remember ever turning it on... weirdness.

thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back