Why make the jump to Mac?

Satcomer said:
The answer I always get is "it doesn't support (put the latest game PC game here) latest game like on a PC". It's a lame excuse but it is most always the first excuse they give with the second one being money.

If they come up with support for the latest games, I normally tell them to get a console. In order to play the latest PC games at their best, you need the latest and greatest PC components, i.e. top notch CPU, video cards, etc. That normally squashes the price argument against Macs, since most gamers spend far more on their PCs over its life time that if they had bought a Mac and a console.

Thanks all SO MUCH for all your info! I was just wondering about this though:

mindbend said:
if you're doing mostly ASP code, it'll be easier on the PC with built-in ASP server. If you're doing mostly PHP, it's the other way around for OS X and Apache.

Windows does not have a built-in ASP server. Plus, all popular server OS's (unix, linux, mac, windows) have third-party applications for serving ALL types of content. I run a server on my windows laptop that i use for testing PHP code. All I'm trying to say is that it doesn't matter what OS you have for your server, you can serve all types of content (maybe not natively, but you can).

If anything is a shame it is Windows networking. In Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X my broadband connection was recognized and connected upon startup. Apple has always built a great operating system it is only the third party applications like Microsoft Word 6 that were lacking.
Just for your record books, plug n play was introduced in Mac OS 8.5 when the iMac debuted.

Back