Why the heck is OS X Mute?

iYouth™

Head Webmaster:TrickX.com
Frankly, I can't stand a mute computer. I can't live without my aqua soundset. Why didn't apple include an entry level soundset like platinum sounds into OS X? In my opinion it would make OS X a whole lot better.

Is anyone working on making a soundset for OS X? If you are, please let me know. I would love to put it on TrickX.com as soon as it's finished. Thanks.

PS: For those of you who are wondering what's wrong with TrickX.com right now, sit tight, I'm having FTP problems with a corrupt file and I hope to have it fixed as soon as possible.

I have sounds on Mac OS X. I'm not sure what you're referring to. Please fill me in.

-Rob

There is a soundsets folder (at least there was in the PB), but it doesn't seem to be implemented yet. There are several features in X that are being implemented through updates. The 4L13 update brought functionality to speakable items among other things. I think soundsets will be implemented soon if they haven't been already. Try placing a soundset into the Soundsets folder and see if it works.

nah dude there is no soundsets folder in X, just a sounds folder, and I'm not talking about alert sounds, I'm talking about the works, window scrolling, opening and closing folders, the whole deal man!

Rememberr I said there was in the Public Beta. I hadn't checked for it since the final was released. It looks like Apple is either planning to add it later and removed the folder to prevent problems (no interface to turn off soundsets or disable parts of them) before it was released, or they do not plan to have soundsets in X. You could try creating a Soundsets folder in one of the Library directories and see if the Classic soundsets work.

I'm not at my computer at the moment but I'll try this when I get home.

Oh, yeah. Sound sets.

Well, I do hope Apple adds it, 'cause I know a lot of people like it, but I <em>do</em> prefer a mute computer.

Good luck, though.

-Rob

Back