Why using MAC OS 9???

lol I have 8.5 on my performa :p
which I dont use BTW :p
I use OS 9 basically for almost everything but coding at this point. OS X is not my idea system :p
If I were running on a DP 900, perhaps it would be lol :p

Originally posted by dricci

Just wondering why you're running Windows 95 on a PIII :p

Games. :) But honestly I very rarely touch it anymore. And now with the USB KVM switch, I may need to move that to Win98, or just kill it completely and use Partition Magic and get that partition into something else. I hardly touch the PC anymore at all, so I haven't given it much thought. And to answer probably the next question, I don't play serious games. I'm into ones like Monkey Island.

Originally posted by hazmat
I'm into ones like Monkey Island.

Why don't you play them on your Mac? Both Monkey Island 1 and 2 works fine in Classic, and 4 in OS X :)

Originally posted by ksv

Why don't you play them on your Mac? Both Monkey Island 1 and 2 works fine in Classic, and 4 in OS X :)

Because I have only had a Mac since around November. :) The latest MI (Escape?) works natively in OS X?

I'm still using OS 9 here because Microsoft hasn't gotten off their @#($@ and coded the OS X version of Outlook.

We just use Outlook because...well...the boss said so. :eek:

Have you seen Entourage X? It's the email client that comes with Office X. It'a also a task scheduler, calendar, address book. The email portion of the program behaves identically to Outlook Express and Entourage 2001. I find it to be the best email client available for Mac OS X, though a lot of folks seem to like Eudora X.

I'm still using 9 because of my Adobe and Macromedia apps. I haven't scraped the money together yet to upgrade. I often book up into 9 so I don't have to deal with Classic. Not much longer though. Should be able to upgrade during the summer.

Originally posted by slur
Have you seen Entourage X? It's the email client that comes with Office X. It'a also a task scheduler, calendar, address book. The email portion of the program behaves identically to Outlook Express and Entourage 2001. I find it to be the best email client available for Mac OS X, though a lot of folks seem to like Eudora X.

I talked to the boss about it, he's pretty adamant about staying with Outlook across the board.

As it is, they're trying to kill off Macs and get everyone on Windows. :/

Originally posted by Zero

I talked to the boss about it, he's pretty adamant about staying with Outlook across the board.

As it is, they're trying to kill off Macs and get everyone on Windows. :/

Ask him if he is willing to let you run Outlook for Windows off a Win2000 box via Terminal Server. If so, you can install XFree86 and rdesktop and run Outlook remotely. This is more or less what we do, except via Citrix Metaframe (java client), which is more scalable but expensive.

My CIO is a serious MS bigot, but after I showed him some of the things OS X does, he asked me to research the possibility of designating OS X our supported *n*x in place of Solaris.

Back