why won't Backup run when it's supposed to?

cwoody222

Registered
My Backup is set to backup to iDisk every Sat. at 2pm. It used to work just fine. Recently I've noticed it not running until a few hours after that on Sat. - or not at all (unless I've missed it - which is possible).

Today it was 2:15 and I'd been on the computer but no Backup had started. So, since I wasn't doing anything I started it manually. It ran successfully.

Now, less than 2 hours later around 3:45pm Backup suddenly starts itself up!

Why is it doing this?

My version of Backup, 1.2.3, lets you choose a two hour 'window of opportunity' in the scheduler rather than a time. So yours would be showing '14.00 –15.59' (OK, a one hour fifty-nine minute window).

That might have changed if you're using v2, but if it hasn't, or you're not, that would explain the time lags.

it says in backup 2 that it will occur within 2 hours of the time you set. I just don't trust this app to backup my files. I use retrospect by dantz instead.

Hmm... I'm backing my files up manually. It not only helps me _thinking_ about my backups, I'm also sure that it always worked.
I've also got much too much work to backup to iDisk, so I'm using a FW drive for that.

Back