Why?

To be completely honest with you, I dislike most microsoft products and technologies. But, why would you want to change your WMA's to MP3's? WMA's fidelity and mathematical compression method is by far superior to the MP3 format. The only competitor to WMA's right now are MP4's a.k.a. AAC Audio. Supported on Quicktime 6.

Ive been working in the music industry for years and found that MP3's even compressed at higher bit rates tend to loose at both the high end as well as the low end of the frequency spectrum. In short yes MP3's are ok but only for acapella style music where there is very little information at the low end as well as the high end of the spectrum.

Sorry,,,, Now for my recomendation!

With all seriousness CONVERT IT ON A PC! There is a lack of quality apps on the Mac that deal with WMA's, let alone converting WMA's to MP3's.

But if you decide to keep them as WMA's, use AUDION 3 on OS10.2 since good old Microsoft Media Player for the Mac really SUCKS!

Dont get me wrong, i'm not really a Windows kind of guy, but i'm not going to knock Microsoft down for creating a KILLER APP! I'm a true believer in MS Media Player 9 on Windows XP. There is no other app like it on the planet!

By the way OS10.2 RULEZ!!!!!!!!! lol.....

Sorry I hit the wrong button I wanted to post a reply to the following thead submitted by Sirtovin:

WMA -> MP3 I want to do...

Back