widget question on multiple user mac

galenernest

Registered
Is there a way to share added widget apps across user accounts? i.e. I download that great new ski report widget to my dashboard and show my little brother how cool it is... so he wants it on his dashboard, too... but when he logs into his user account, it isn't available in his selection of widgets (the one you get by hitting the little plus sign that expands on the bottom of the screen). How do I make all my widgets available to him, and vica versa???

The widget was installed into 'your' accounts '~/Library/Widgets/' folder.

You need to move said widget, from the above folder, to the '/Library/Widgets/' folder.

-----

If not sure - bring 'Finder' up front, select 'Finder's 'Go, Go to Folder' menu item ('Command <shift> G') and enter ...

~/Library/Widgets

... and click on the 'Go' button (or press the <return> key). A window of 'your' accounts 'Widgets' folder will appear. Place it to the left.

Select 'Finder's 'Go, Go to Folder' menu item ('Command <shift> G') and enter ...

/Library/Widgets

... and click on the 'Go' button (or press the <return> key). A window of the globally available 'Widgets' folder will appear. Place it to the right.

Move the widget(s) from the left window to the right window, for access by all users of that Macintosh. When the widget(s) is / are dragged onto the '/Library/Widgets/' window, and the mouse button released, a window with an 'Authenicate' and 'OK' button will appear. Click on the 'OK' button to cancel the process (and no widgets will be moved), or the 'Authenticate' button to continue the process, where another window will appear requesting the current administrator's name and password - before the file(s) are moved. Enter the needed information and click the 'OK' button. Clicking the 'Cancel' button will cancel the process.

Back