Wierd phone call!!!

THEMACER

Registered
I got a phone call today from a Direct Apple consultant. He said he would be able to knock off 25-30 off when i buy an ipod. Im thinking how did he get my info and know i wanted to buy a new ipod? He then said that i would have to give him my credit card info to get the deal and not through the apple site. Since i told him i wasent ready to buy it yet he had my email add and emal me a 1800 # of his with an extension. Did anyone else get a call?

Direct Apple is not = Apple. where have you used your phone number? have you purchased something from them (direct apple) (or from macmall etc)? where have yuou used the email he used, e.g. on some boards? i would double check the phone number ... uh? google finds no site for "Direct Apple", at least that company is not at the first page with the research. never give your credit card details if you are not 200 % sure with whom you are talking to.

How strange. I recommend you ignore this man and ask him to either provide you with information about his company, and actually milk specific answers from him and not just "Look on our website," or simply ignore him.

i wouldn't trust this guy especially if he says he can give you money off an ipod and then just asks for your cc...
but if he has an @apple.com email and you send him something and he responds its probably some kind of apple sales research, because its almost impossible to get an apple.com email domain without it being given to you by the apple sys admins. you would have to be a helluva hacker :^)

ask him *whatever* to see if an answer comes from that email. getting an email from that address does not still mean ... and try that 1800 number (without extension) as well. for me it looks just *weird*.

Hum im ganna call or write him and ask him if i come down to the store and do it in person. He told me i could get the 400+tax ipod for 390. If i buy from the apple store online is there tax? because i went as far as i could when i was ganna buy it online but tax never came up.

Apple charges tax to anyone in the US, whether you buy online or at a store.

Back