Wifi problem on macOS High Sierra

rafi

Registered
Hi.
I‘m running the latest version of High Sierra 10.13.6. I have a macBook Pro 13in mid 2014.
If I try to connect to my Network it tells me that I need a WPA2 password and it sais that the enterd one is wrong.
The same WiFi worked before and now it also works at another mac, other PC and 2 iPhones just fine. Only my Mac is not connecting. I tried things like restart the router, delete files in SystemConfiguration, Create a new location, forget the wifi etc.
Can you tell me what is my problem please?
Greetings
rafi

Go to System Preferences>Network. Click on the Advance button at the bottom right.
Select WiFi at the top
Now click on each network name and click on the minus button to delete them.

Restart the MacBook
Now you should be able to enter the wifi password and be able to connect.

I deleted half of them, because I have some really important wifi passwords I can't loose. Now it seems to work. How does this affects the network I connect to? Had I to many in the list or why does it work now?

Sometimes the original file holding the information for that particular connections can become corrupt or messed up. It happens. Deleting the file allows a new one to be created and you get a fresh connection.

Now it again stopped working. I deleted the rest of my important passwords, but it still not works. What can I do? Please help me

I think the problem that could be causing connectivity issues is bloat, junk, and clutter on your Mac. Over time, Macs can get full of things, such as cache files, email downloads, browser extensions and viruses and these files are wastes that really don't need to store. All of these files slow down and overheat Macs, which could impact your connectivity as well.

I think the problem that could be causing connectivity issues is bloat, junk, and clutter on your Mac. Over time, Macs can get full of things, such as cache files, email downloads, browser extensions and viruses and these files are wastes that really don't need to store. All of these files slow down and overheat Macs, which could impact your connectivity as well.

They may slow down the download of a web page, but it will not drop the connection totally as the OP is experiencing.

Such issues comes mainly when you update or upgrade your system OS to latest version. To fix this problem follow the steps given below:
Step1: On your Mac, select from the Finder Menu Go -> Go To Folder… and type
“/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration” in the following path and press enter.
Step2: Delete the following files in the SystemConfiguration folder. You may be prompted to enter your Mac OS X password
Step3: Now restart your Mac and try to connect through Wi-Fi, hope your problem is solved.
If you are not able to fix this issue through this steps then call apple support oficial toll-free number and find instant help by apple support technicians.

Last edited:
Back