Will Bootcamp load Vista in 10.5

Sirtovin

Senior Switcher Tech Guru
This is the million dollar question... I know from my Beta 2 experiece it doesn't like to run right now on my IMAC... :p So maybe Bootcamp will work with it when 10.5 comes out... Any Comments are Welcome.

Anybody who does know probably couldn't legally tell you. We should know next week at the WWDC. I imagine Apple will get it to work with Vista by the time Vista is finally released at the latest, but even that's just a guess.

Anybody who does know probably couldn't legally tell you. We should know next week at the WWDC. I imagine Apple will get it to work with Vista by the time Vista is finally released at the latest, but even that's just a guess.

I totally agree with you. I am just hoping that once again I get the best of both worlds... I love my Apple IMac.. I can do my work securely on the Mac and play on the Windows lol Games. :p

I am sure Apple already work with MS preparing to release the final verison of Bootcamp able to allow everyone to run Vista. All you need to buy legal Vista CD when it MS released.

It's clearly Apple's aim to give Mac users a choice here. They only support the newest version of XP right now - and that makes sense. This way, they only have to test their hardware drivers against one specific version of Windows XP - and nothing older. I guess - but I guess I'm right here - they'll simply add support for _later_ Windows OSs later on. Vista was still in beta, and they probably didn't want to put you on "too beta a track" with their BootCamp beta.

I'm pretty sure we'll hear about Vista support in BootCamp tomorrow at WWDC's keynote.

It's clearly Apple's aim to give Mac users a choice here. They only support the newest version of XP right now - and that makes sense. This way, they only have to test their hardware drivers against one specific version of Windows XP - and nothing older. I guess - but I guess I'm right here - they'll simply add support for _later_ Windows OSs later on. Vista was still in beta, and they probably didn't want to put you on "too beta a track" with their BootCamp beta.

I'm pretty sure we'll hear about Vista support in BootCamp tomorrow at WWDC's keynote.

Keep us Updated! :)

Back