Will Jaguar screw me?

rkadowns

Registered
I am considering purchasing Jaguar, actually I know I will purchase it regardless someday when I feel energetic, however I am curious. I have split up my hard drives into many partitions (hence the energy) and used the method shown here to perform the swap initialization in its own partition (hence more energy). I have also used fstab to mount a couple partitions onto the applications directory and users directory in the manner found here. (Hence even more energy)

I am wondering if anyone has done a similar config and if they have had any problems installing Jaguar and having everything mount and work as it did before the upgrade.

Something tells me that I am screwed and will have to expend a lot more energy if I install Jaguar. I have the feeling that I will need to repartition my drives, put swap, Users, and Applications back on the same partition as the Jaguar install (requiring a resize), and live in one big fat partition since I would guess that things changed so much that those hacks as shown at those links wont work anymore.

I'm a UNIX novice. I have the theory, just not the knowledge to fix my current setup if in fact installing Jaguar breaks it. Am I screwed?:confused:

Any suggestions?

Back