Will Sell for x86 PowerBook

kainjow

Registered
Here's the deal. If Apple releases a dual core x86 PowerBook next year that dual boots with XP/Vista without issues, I will seriously consider selling my PM G5 and my PC for it.

I used to use my PC for gaming (bought a $400 GPU for it), but I've really only been playing one game on it, and that's for the occasional entertainment break, which more and more is becoming the TV instead :). I use the PC now mostly for programming.

My Mac? Everything else (including programming too). But it's dual processor 1.8Ghz, and I've always wanted a PowerBook, but a single G4 doesn't cut it for my work.

So, a dual booting, dual core PowerBook would allow me to play the occasional PC game, use Visual Studio AND Xcode, all with one computer which I could take anywhere...

I can't wait to see the new PowerBooks now :D :drool:

Hm... I'd say we have to look at what Apple will actually offer in that department before trading in PCs and PowerMacs. ;) ... I.e.: We just don't _know_ yet whether Windows would just be supported on it. And: Isn't this the _wrong_ forum for this according to its description? everything *BUT* Apple...

I don't think we'll see dual core laptops for at least a year after the first intel laptops come out (which will probably be pretty freakin soon). There is no reason the hardware wouldn't run windoze, in fact it would be in Apple's best interest to allow it to dual boot windoze for people that need to use both (I use certain programs that don't have a suitable mac counterpart, eg Xilinx). I sold my mac because I needed to use windoze for school and couldn't afford both, so now I dual boot fedora core 4 and windows when I need it on my AMD XP2800+ :) But I still miss my mac :(

If Apple doesn't allow their hardware to dual boot windows it will be a big mistake, but hopefully there will be a hack within a few months.

Back