Will the "Restore From Time Machine Backup" feature work with Sapphire RX580 ?

amcliz

Registered
Hello all... hope you are all keeping safe and well.

Will the "Restore From Time Machine Backup" feature work with Sapphire Pulse RX580 graphics card on a MacPro 12 Core (Mid 2010) with 128GB ram and 1TB SSD. I have gotten into issues with the macOS last Thursday, so I have re-installed macOS Mojave using a USB installer method, but I'm still having glitchy software issues. My problems started with a computer freeze and a forced restart last Thursday... could I... revert back to when all was working perfectly on Wednesday.

I have already tried to get into Restore mode... but I waited 10mins and nothing happened... could the fact that I no longer have the video card it came with be the issue ?

Any comments or advice is most welcome.

Regards,
Anthony

Last edited:
I have actually just now got the "Restore" feature to work, and I can now see how I can revert back to when the OS was behaving correctly last week... but as I have never done this before... I assumed I could revert back to the previous working of the macOS only.... but as I select the hard drive that I have been working off... it's warning me it will erase all the contents on the drive.. all my apps and I have work files on that SSD also... this feels more like a clean install than a restore... am I right in what I'm thinking...?

Currently, I'm performing another re-install of the macOS as I did previously using USB, but maybe this time will be more successful.

Please advise and revert with any comments or suggestions if you get a chance.

Regards,
Anthony

Are you using Restore from Time Machine? I am also under the assumption that when you go back in time - using Time Machine you go back to that previous day.

Are you using Restore from Time Machine? I am also under the assumption that when you go back in time - using Time Machine you go back to that previous day.
All this mess happened last Thursday 12th November... so I would be going back to the Wednesday... as my entire system was perfect back then... would I be right in assuming that when I do restore using the Command R keys... and select... Restore from Time Machine backup... that even though my startup drive has my macOS system files and also my essential workflow app and some folders full of Work in Progress files... all of that will come back tooo... to that specific date... I won't just get the basic macOS back and nothing else... it will all revert back to that day... before all my problems began...?

Regards,
Anthony

BTW... thank you for your comment also Cheryl... I have posted on and off on here over the years and you always help out... thank you so so much... :)

I like to think that I am part of a team that helps out.

Yes, using Restore from TimeMachine will use the Time Machine files to travel back in time. (I loved Back to the Future).

Back