will this hd work?

I have found that any hard drive you can plug in and power will be usable in a Mac once formatted with Disk Utility. My sister still adheres to PEE CEE. She has had disks that were unreadable on her PEE CEE for some PEE CEE reason or another. For instance she could not change operating systems or reformat because the disk had been formatted in win2000 so her PEE CEE said it was stuck forever. I took it home, plugged it in, erased it in 20 seconds (Instead of the 30 minutes hers takes when it does work), gave it back to her and she was able to use it. Pretty cool huh? I AM NOT AN EXPERT

I have a question along the same lines. I have a G4 1.25 GHz (the last single processor model made before they came out with the G5s) running aboutut 1.75 GB ram and want to upgrade the hard drive. Does anyone know if this drive would work in it?

Western Digital WD2500KS
Interface SATA2
Capacity 250GB
Cache 16mb Cache
RPM 7200RPM
Average Seek Time 8.9ms
Form Factor 3.5"

Do you have any recommendations on what drive to get? I'd like to have about 250GB without breaking the bank.

pixmaniowa said:
I have found that any hard drive you can plug in and power will be usable in a Mac once formatted with Disk Utility.

Well, not true with some older G4's. My Powermac G4 will not read anything over 132 (about) GB, without a third party solution. Also, it will not work with SATA, only ATA..

Back