Window partition disappeared from the Start up disk

quocnb

Registered
Dear all,

I've MacBook with me. I've installed Windows XP SP2 successfully. After that i've installed MacFUSE, NTFS-3G on MacOSX to read/write data on Windows XP partition. I can see Window XP partition on MacOS desktop but I cannot see the "Window or Untitled" volume icon within System Startup Disk window (MacOS : System References -> Startup Disk), there are only MacOS and Network Setup icons. How can I make the "Window or Untitled" volume icon visible in Startup Disk window? Is it possible to do that ? Is is caused by the BootCam Assistance defects ?

Note: I can boot Windows XP manually by holding Alt (Option) key during the starting up then I can choose the Windows OS. Windows OS boots successfully.

Any suggestion is always appreciated.

Quoc Nguyen (quocnb@gmail.com)

Last edited:
im having the same problem here. And according to the amount of posts that have been put up....its a mystery =[
any help would be appreciated! =]

This is a direct download link. People tend to find those untrustworthy, so rather link to an info-page about the product you're advocating. I'm not sure rEFIt is the way to go here. There must be a reason why the volume doesn't show up in the Finder anymore, and if we know what caused it, I'm pretty sure there can be a solution rather than a workaround.

Can the volume be mounted again via Disk Utility? If so, does it stay after a reboot (to Mac OS X, of course)?

ive searched a lot of forums and none seem to have an answer to this. the disk is already mounted, some people cannot see the windows partition in startup, i cant see either... Theres also a program called bootchamp. it lets you choose to restart to windows and it lets you choose from a dropdown menu on the upper right thanks

Back