Window restarted after login screen everytime

DarkSorrow

Registered
this issue appeared in few weeks ago. i have Macbook Pro Core Duo, 10.4, 1.4beta BootCamp (planning on getting Leopard after the issue in Leopard been ironed out).

Everytime when i get to Window Login screen, the entire screen went black and went to restart, i have to go through this process a few times and finally get to Desktop. i been trying to do it today but it seem a infinite time of restarting, trying to get to Window.

I already scan for virus last week and spyware, it clean. this issue is getting annoy because i want to play my window game.

i think i got it fixed. i done a few step but some dont work out well but still will tell it.

I insert the XP CD and click option while booting then told it to use the XP CD, then it start to load all the driver, the bells and whistle to get it start, but right before the menu appear, it got messed up, it only show two lines of white across the screen. which i believe some system file got messed up?

So i went back to OSX and went to use Boot Camp Assistant to merge the partition back to OSX which deleting the entire XP partition and give the free partition space back to OSX. Done that then repartition to XP again. i reboot the macbook then press option to bring up the boot list, then i click the XP CD. I should use the Boot Camp Assistant to start it but the problem is my XP CD is OEM which Boot Camp Assistant refused to install. my OEM cd is from Frys Store which it didnt have any crap from Dell, HP, or any other brands. just plain ol XP SP2, and that it. So the only way to get OEM to install is to boot directly without Boot Camp Assistant's help. Then the XP CD start to load everything and prompt to install XP on the XP partition, i told it go ahead and start it. then now it working fine.

Possible i caught a virus that AVG didnt detect. im not sure if it spreaded to my OSX partition

Back