Window title bar moves behind OS menu bar.

Brooks

Registered
Just what it sounds like. the top of my Explorer window (the title bar) often suddenly disapears behind the Mac OS X menu bar. I've found that it also happens in Now Contact. So what I get is a window that I can't close or move around unless I do a command-w and open a new window and go back to the URL I was at. Sometimes a new window shows up in the same position. Then the only way is to right click and choose "open page in new window." I'm using Explorer 5.2.2 and OS X 10.2.2 and I can't find any references to this problem anywhere yet. Anyone? This often happens when you try to resize a window from the bottom right corner, suddenly the title bar disappears up there. Here's a couple screen shots of what I'm talking about. http://ayola.com/explorer

costellotwins02.gif

Have you tried throwing away the preference in ~/Users/localuser/Preferences?

Might aleviate your problem as I believe the file holds the quardinats of the window upon reboot.

Giver a go!

Which Prefs do you mean? It happens in both Explorer and Now Contact. Seems like a OS X problem, maybe a conflict with some other software I have installed. I didn't want to remove every little thing one at a time until I figured it out. I was hoping that some one else had seen this before and could save me some time.

Back