Windows Address Book on my mac...how?

felo500

Registered
I upgraded from my gateway pc, sold it, got a mac, couldn´t be happier, backed everything up, but I think I should´ve saved my address book file as a csv file or anything else instead all I have are .wab files from my pc, now on my mac I can´t really do much with the windows address books (.wab) files I have, how do I convert, import or open them? I´ve tried a couple of sites and decided that if no one in the forum knew then no one anywhere did.

thanks

Felo500
Happy Thanksgiving

When I bought my first Mac back in 2003 and transfered the address book over I did the following:

1) Create an address book folder on the desktop, then any sub folders to match the Windows Address book

2) Select all the entries in WAB, drag and drop to the appropriate folder. This will create V cards.

3) Once complete, copy the folder to the Mac via CD, network etc.

4) In the Mac address book, create any folders as needed to mirror Windows. Then drag and drop the vcard entries into the address book.

That's all I needed to do and the entries imported 100%, couldn't be any easier :)

Forgot to mention: of course for this method you'd need a Windows system and import the WAB file. Working from backups after selling the computer makes it tricker. If you can borrow a windows machine for 5 minutes this is by far the best method.

Back