WINDOWS doing more COPYING

spgmr2005

Registered
i don't know if anyone has seen windows media play 11. i recently downloaded it for my PC and it looks like a shiny version of iTunes. i was a little disguste. tell me what you think.

I don't know what you mean. Looks nothing like iTunes. Do you mean the categories on the left? One could say Microsoft invented that with Outlook Express back in the days, but I guess there have been "category lists" on the "left" even before that. Or do you mean that album covers are square? Hm. They've been _that_ long before iTunes. The rest of it is Vista - nothing specifical to WMP... Am I wrong? What don't I get about this?

Fryke. You're neither right nor are you wrong. there's just this essence that screams iTunes. have them open side by side and you'll see, err...feel what I mean. get back to me on that one.

It's kinda like iTunes. They managed to keep the same look of the file-sorting system that they've used sense '95.

I wouldn't say they've copied iTunes - but it certainly is a lot closer to iTunes than Windows Media Player 10, which was typical MS eyesore design. They seem to finally get the idea that people don't want to use a *wizard* for everything they do.

If you open iTunes, it doesn't come up with a menu "Play music" "Play movies" "Rip music" "Copy songs to my iPod" ... iTunes just does whatever you tell it to. Anyone who used WMP9 or 10 knows the awful way they handled the interface. Still, knowing MS this version will still treat users like idiots, refuse to support common formats, and bring up annoying ads and offers at every opportunity.

more worrying is the DRM infections in WMP11.

it is now going to be impossible to back up any files with WMP11 DRM. yuo lose them, then that's it. buy them again.

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34523

i will buy cds. zero drm, and some nice artwork, too. and much higher sound quality. i will not buy any more drm music. i have enough trouble with iTunes music.

Back