Windows formtted iPod under Mac OSX

heathpitts

Registered
I currently havea mac formatted iPod 10gb. I want to use i at work on my linux pc. The easiest way for me to use this under linux is for it to be formatted as fat32. Will Mac OSX 10.2.4 recognize it the same as it does the mac formattted version or are there extra steps.

I've tried the 20 GB PC iPod with my G4, and evertything works fine exept that it suddenly didn't work. I dont know if it had something to do with the mac usage. But i recived a new iPod from Apple and the same thing happend a few dayes after using it with the mac. This time it came back to normal after plugging it back to the mac (i suspect somethings wrong with the adapter). lets hope for long life and happiness.
Anyhow it is worth a try...

Cool. I got it working on my mac. It came right up after doing the 1.2.6 restore on my dad's WinME gateway. I only wish you could pick the FS format when setting it up. Sucks that you have to reload all the songs on it. But I guess that goes with reformatting it. I had tried to use the HFS file system patch for the linux kernel but I had no luck with that. This makes one less reason for me to boot up XP at work. Now to try some of the linux ipod programs...

Back