Windows Media Edition... no trouble here please ;)

Jason

Eyebrow Moderator
*this is not meant to be trolling, im just giving an opinion on something that IMO i think is relevant to the computer world as a whole*

Anyways i was at best buy last night just lookin around, and i got a chance to use a windows media HP

the computer didnt look too bad, it was a modern style very hard edges, black and grey, i enjoyed that, the os itself from i used was nice looking IMO, very simple, but they enlarged things, animated a couple more, had some "cool" feeling backgrounds (by cool i mean in temperature, but it was also cool ;)).

I used the remote control and for the media portion of the os it works just as expected, you can even browse pictures and stuff with the remote so its kinda neat

i didnt mess with the actual computer part of the os, but i assume its like xp (which i do infact enjoy as operating system)

overall i like the idea, the computer also had compact media slots built in, i thought that was handy, no wires flying all over to different adapters hehe, the picture was good on the video if you are back far enough (320 or 640 tv picture being enlarged to computer resolutions isnt really super sharp up close), the controls worked, and everything did its job.

all in all this is something i wouldnt mind having, i think they did a good job with the os and the computer itself, so thumbs up to them

i would like to see apple put together a digital media g4 or something... maybe a 19 inch imac? i dunno, anyways just an opinion on the computer, i liked it, flame away ;)

Well, I'm actually going to take this post seriously...

From what you describe, this seems like a very niche (sp?) product. Although I'm sure most of us would take one if they were giving them away at the corner store, I don't think this is something a lot of people will actually buy. Didn't Gateway have a computer that you hook up to the TV a long time ago? And then there's TiVo... which is basically just a VCR with a hard disk.... We really have yet to see a successful convergance between the TV and the computer... and this software/pc combination doesn't sound like it's much of a great move in any particular direction...

I wonder when the computer and the TV will really merge.... and who will do it?

well as a college student with limited space

if i were to need to buy a computer, a tv, a dvd player and a tivo like device, i would seriously look into this

it is very niche, but i have nothing wrong with that, i think its a cool niche :)

good question on the merging, who knows... hmm

Back