Windows Media Player 9 For Max Os X Tiger

Jeeves

Registered
After upgrading to Tiger some internet radio stations are no longer working on WM Player 9.
Do I have to wait until a Tiger-compatible version of this player is released (are there any plans for this? will it happen soon?)or is there another solution?

Thanks

Erwin

I wasn't aware of any incompatibilities between WMP and Tiger, so I'm not sure, but you might be able to play the streams with VLC.

Hope this helps.

Jeeves,

I feel for you. I'm in the same boat. Since installing Tiger 10.4.2, I can no longer use WMP. I've uninstalled it and downloaded and tried to reinstall on several occassions all to no avail. I've also tried VLC but that doesn't really do the trick either... some .wvm files play and others don't.

Does anyone know of another bit of software that will play .wmv files on a Mac running Tiger 10.4.2? I would gladly pay for the program if it works.

Thanx,
Pakawala

iLamp 20", 1.5 G Ram

.wvm is like QuickTime's .mov. It's not a file format per se, but rather a wrapper for many different file formats.

The problem is more and more sites are using the Windows Media 10 file format, and of course that does not work with the old WM v.9 that Microsoft has for Mac.

Of course MS is probably in no hurry to release WM v10 for mac... This is really their only trick left to try to convince people that multimedia is better on WinDoze.

There's Flip4Mac's WMV Player, which lets you play WM9 content in QuickTime. It can't do WM10, though, or copy-protected content.

But I don't think that will help with the streaming problem.

I know it's been several months since you posted this suggestion, but I tried Flip4Mac, and it solved my problem, so I bought it. I really appreciate the tip.

Back