Windows Media Player for Mac OS X

Eristokrat

Registered
Ok, I used to have a copy of WMP, but in a fit of streamlining and space-making I deleted it. My problem now is that all the available downloads I can find are .bin files and my Mac doesn't know what to do with those. So here's my question: First, have I done something stupid that I can't seem to make use of a .bin file and is there a way to fix it? If not, is there a source for WMP as a .dmg or other useful format? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

E.

You can get your Mac to recognize .bin files with StuffIt Expander.

I highly recommend you go for Flip4Mac WMVPlayer, it lets you play .wmv movies natively in QuickTime. Streaming videos also load like QuickTime movies, making them much more reliable.

That said, you may still need the official Media Player app for odd movies, so give StuffIt a try.

Flip4Mac and VLC are quite different. The WMV player can play files that neither VLC nor WMP 9 for Mac can. The trouble is that it cannot play those files that WMP for Mac does play, and once it is installed it becomes the default player and you will not be able to play those files without disabling it somehow. PITA, but I still like WMV because it seems more Windows media does call for it.

Back